5.26.2013

::Star Fruit Rug & Blanket Crochet Pattern::

TA-DAH!!!

Dancing, dancing, dancing. Ok. Stop. I'm going to embarrass myself. Not unusual--I used to teach Jr. High and behaved pretty silly to hold student attention daily. But let's talk crochet.I began this beautiful yarny creation a very long time ago, but guess what?! I got distracted. Who, Sue, you ask? Um, yes. I did.

But looky!! It's awesome! And now I wonder why I didn't share this faster! I've decided to name it...



Why do I like this newest pattern? Because it has...
--Fruity fun colors--well, I certainly think so
--A nifty shape and lots of touchable texture
--Versatility--make it whatever your mind can imagine!!  


The way the colors flow from one into the next make me truly happy. And the size I made is perfect for a rug--a little spot of color to brighten my room.



Star Fruit is what I'm calling it, but in this color scheme a hippie theme might be more appropriate--like Flower Power or Retro Rug. The cool thing is, it would be awesome in subtle pastels with cotton yarn, or all neutrals. Maybe even done with an ombre effect. And I suppose it could be done in all sorts of random colors to help bust that stash! But for my house--a RAINBOW OF COLOR is the order of the day!


I LOOOOVE when the back turns out as pretty as the front. See all of that texture? It reminds me of my Waikiki Wildflower blanket that looks pretty awesome from the front...


...yet equally awesome from the back.


This particular Star Fruit rug is made from 100% wool which makes it ideal for the floor. But look at it on a bed as a coverlet. 


Or over the back of a sofa. Or as a baby blanket or afghan. Made with lightweight sock yarn, it would make a super scarf or table runner. Someone even suggested a room divider. Now that's an intriguing idea.


I've really gone all out on this one--with over 50 how-to pictures. It's really not a difficult pattern, but I wanted to make it simple enough for anyone to follow.



The pattern is now available on...

That was seriously fun! I better get hooking on the next idea in my crazy brain! Be well in all your doings!

{On the Board} -- What-e'er thou art, act well thy part.

31 comments:

  1. I love this, it is so gorgeous! I'm thinking im gonna HAVE to buy the pattern, Great work!

    <3 Bethany @ thesepiapuppy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bethany! Your blog is fun, by the way!
      Susan

      Delete
  2. Yes it is gorgeous. I can't see enough of it. And I love the colors, too.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! A little "eye candy" is always fun, huh?!
      Susan

      Delete
    2. very cool! Great technique and great color combination!

      Delete
  3. Susan you did it yet again! Simply beautiful! I'm thinking this would be great in embroidery floss for a table doily. You know I want to try it when my life settles down!

    Q @ qcreated.com

    PS sorry I didn't respond yet to your email, i did read it already but well....you know... Been thinking about ya everyday and sitting down to write but ...ack! Umph...ha. I'll get there, promise!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Q! I would love to see this done in embroidery floss, too. And someone suggested a curtain! I hope your life settles down a bit and you can do some caravanning and crocheting. Don't worry about responding to the email. I know you have a lot on your plate and I think of you often. Hugs and prayers.
      Susan

      Delete
  4. I bought the pattern, its very easy to follow, i crocheted one flower, now have to get me some gorgeous colours to make a throw for my sofa, thanks Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to hear you like the pattern! I would love for you to share your progress pics on my page at Facebook.com/FeltedButton. Happy hooking,
      Susan

      Delete
  5. Mesmerizingly (this apparently is not a word) beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I love that you make up words like I do! That is splendiferously terrifical! (And thank you!)

      Delete
  6. That is stunning! Pinned :) Rhondda (Oombawka Design)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rhondda! And thanks for sharing it!

      Delete
  7. This is really stunning. I saw it on Pinterest - repinned it and I'll be sharing it on my FB page - www.facebook.com/Yarnfun. Sunni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing, Sunni! Sharing hooky fun is, well, fun!

      Delete
  8. Anonymous7/21/2013

    Beautiful work - I love the colours and texture and the back!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE LOVE LOVE--

    Thank You for LInking Up at the Crochet Happy Linky Party!

    Your Link has been Pinned and shared with all my Social Networks and I am now following your site so I can do the same with your future posts too!
    I hope you got some well deserved exposure for your work :)


    Tracy
    www.crochehappy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracy! And thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  10. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, the love, it is overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so nice of you to say, Jessica! Thank you!

      Delete
  11. This is a thing od beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your kind words! Thanks a bundle!

      Delete
  12. Lovely! The detail in the color combinations is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! Playing with color certainly makes me happy!

      Delete
  13. Amaizing!
    kreatywniejemy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this pattern, it's in a book I bought called Boho Crochet, but I don't understand the instructions. In particular the front post stitches. I imagine they're very simple,but I just don't get it...I'd love step by step photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have pictures of the motifs and joining included in my pattern copy with explanations of each step. If you are having questions about how to complete a front-post stitch, I suggest a search on YouTube. There are many videos there to help you. Thanks!

      Delete

I love to hear your thoughts, and I read each and every comment! Take a minute to say hello! Because remember, "Sharing is nice!"

You Might Also Like::

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...