5.20.2013

::Putting My Feet Up::

How are you this beautiful day!? Things have been happy and hectic. I'm here for one primary reason today. And that is to be a... 

SHOW OFF!!




This creation turned out pretty terrific, I think! It was one of those sad little finds from the thrift store. You know, the kind that most people pass by because it looks haggard and tired and ugly--with no potential. Underneath this gloriousness is a black vinyl, button-missing, sad-looking little footstool. But I rescued it! I could see its potential and knew that it could become something beautiful! What do you think?


I started with Tamara's Magic Spike Mandala pattern (from Moogly) as a jumping off point (through the bright yellow round) and then took off on my own. The squares on the sides are from the first three rounds of that same pattern, but then I added an additional round to make them squares. It was really a make-it-up-as-you-go-along sort-of project. 


It was a lot of work. But a LOT of fun! Phew!

I guess I ought to put my feet up and rest a while. There. I'm resting. For a minute anyway. Where's my yarn and hook? 


I'm off!! Be well. Be peaceful. Be happy. Be colorful.

{On the Board} -- She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.                           --Proverbs 31:13


If you haven't hopped over to my Facebook page or Pinterest, I would love to keep you in the "Button" loop and follow you back, too! 

I'll be linking up with my regular party folks, too. Check out the "where i party" page at the top and join in.

23 comments:

  1. Wow, I want to have one for me.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and colourful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Preeti! As most know, I'm not really afraid of color!
      Susan

      Delete
    2. Umm l o v e. This!! Well done love, it is a labour of love I'm sure but wonderful

      Delete
  3. What a great footstool! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh MY! This is absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing work! That foot stool must be thanking you. You just turned a frog into a handsome prince! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thanks! It is so fun to pick up sad and ugly items that everyone else walks by and see potential for beauty there! Wait until you see this pathetic office chair redo that is my next project!
      Susan

      Delete
  6. That's wonderful so lovely I want one. I must start making one now! Thank you for popping into my blog and commenting glad to have found your lovely blog x

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you didn't tell us, we'd never know that an ugly vinyl foot stool lived under all that beautiful color!! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robin! I feel a little tricky. ;)
      Susan

      Delete
  8. Anonymous5/24/2013

    Congratulations and my compliments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elisabeth. That means a LOT coming from you!
      Susan

      Delete
  9. Hi, you did such a beautiful job on the foot stool. I love all the bright colors! I was at the Hookin on Hump Day link party and saw it.
    Julie from julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesomeness! You should totally link it up at CrochetHappy too!

    http://crochethappy.com/wp/link-up-share-2/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your stuff Felted Button..I even just like the name :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracy! I'm going to link up at CrochetHappy right now!
      Susan

      Delete
  12. Absolutely stunning foot stool! What a great job!
    Cheers
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the compliment. Thank you, Barbara.

      Delete
  13. Absolutely colorful and riot of a foot stool! I am sure your feet must be one happy pair now :) LOVE the way you have worked up the colors Susan..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you probably know by now, I'm a lover of all things colorful--and yarny! It really makes me happy and I'm not afraid to use it! Lol! Thanks for the kind words.

      Delete
  14. Gorgeous, Gorgeous footstool cover. That will surely be the centre of attention in your living room. I'm looking forward already to seeing your next project.
    Coincidentally I'm covering one extremely old and grotty footstool myself at present,with crochet of course- I am a crochet addict! LOL!

    Great blog ! I'm your newest follower.

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, and I read each and every comment! Take a minute to say hello! Because remember, "Sharing is nice!"

You Might Also Like::

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...