7.26.2012

::WIP or UFO?::

Isn't crochet jargon kind of funny? I have been pondering the difference between a WIP (work-in-progress) and a UFO (unfinished object). Maybe they are supposed to be synonymous, but I have decided to categorize them in my brain this way:


WIP: 
A project that I have begun and I WILL actually complete--one day.

UFO: 
A project that I have begun and I CAN'T DECIDE what to do with it. I have lost the inspiration to finish it, am uncertain that I even want it, or know that really don't want it but am a bit hesitant to frog it(haha, more crochet jargon!)--or donate it to the thrift store. (BTW, I am NOT a hoarder--but that is for another post!)


I currently have approximately 7 WIPs and 1 UFO. The UFO has been waiting in the wings for over four years. Pretty ridiculous, huh? Here my WIPs are in no particular order. (I didn't even bother to photograph the UFO--but will upon request. That thing is lurking in the dark closet somewhere--well out of sight.)


WIP #1



I haven't touched this colorful hexagon granny since my broken hand last December. It really makes me happy, so why have I put it off? I must get this one back on my hook!



 WIP #2



This is a cool, pink, ruffly pillow cover I made several months ago but haven't bought a pillow form yet. 16 inch round is all I need. Come on, Sue. Let's get 'er done! You.Can.Do.It.


WIP #3



I can't wait to use my bits and scraps in my stash for this baby. Little four-leaf clovers in varying shades. My vision is big for this one as a wall-hanging with every color of the rainbow flowing from one shade to the next. I have always said my brain is noisy. It just never really gets quiet--talk, talk, talk. Just call me the "Queen of Distraction". Do you have any idea how many projects I have completed since I started this one? I've lost count. And my mind.


WIP #4


This one makes me giggle. I started it for a friend who was expecting a baby boy. He is now over a year old. Now she is pregnant again. Let's see if I can get it done before she delivers this time around! Ridiculous thing is that I only have 9 motifs left. Maybe it's those blasted ends.  I have started sewing them in as I go--less fluid rhythm, but I have more motivation to finish knowing I don't face "the ends" task at "the end".


WIP #5


Created this star motif while trying to figure out my latest pattern design--which still needs a name--do follow the link and please give me some suggestions! I'll get this pattern out soon, I promise!!


WIP #6



Pretty flowers, huh? And I love the colors, and the soft sock yarn, and well, everything about this soon to be wrap/scarf. Maybe it is because I don't quite have the vision of what it will be. Good excuse for my stalling. But I WILL finish this one, too!



WIP #7


LOVE THIS ONE!! I found the vintage divided Melmac bowl at my local thrift store and gasped! I love the subtle red dots and the aqua color. Little cotton barnacles and coral swirls will soon fill this and it will be ever so lovely. So lovely. And so fun to sew. Take a look at this post to see a different version of the same idea in purple.





Next post: MY MOUNDS OF ALPACA! What to do with it? What to do?


Thanks for dropping in! And remember to give me some suggestions for the name for my flower blankie! Please...please...please! No brain juices on that one, I tell ya!


Happy Hooking, All!

10 comments:

  1. Susan -- I didn't know you crocheted. I absolutely love crocheting and would love to have some of your patterns! Do you sell the patterns or just the finished projects, and how do I go about getting them?

    I sure hope all is well, and hopefully we will see you in a couple of weeks at Chantelle's wedding!

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joan, I got the invitation today! I am so excited for her--and your family. I sell my patterns on Ravelry, Craftsy and Etsy. You can click the link at the top of the sidebar to get to my Etsy shop or head to Ravelry or Craftsy and search for Felted Button. My Etsy shop has things I have made, as well as a few patterns, with some vintage finds, too. I also do custom stuff, so if you want anything special, colors, size, etc., let me know. Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your post & it made me giggle. I have lots of WIP & UFO's, it has got to the point where my husband just rolls his eyes at me. Your blog is a great find, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flower blanket reminds me of the 70's (showing my age, I know). I would name it something like Flower Power or Feelin' Groovy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! It does look very 70's--I, too am showing my age! I actually ended up naming it Waikiki Wildflower--a little 70's with a Hawaiian twist! :)
      Susan

      Delete
  5. I love all of of these. Your taste is impeccable!!! That sock yarn flowery shawl/scarf thing is pretty cool, my personal favorite. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Astri! That is so sweet coming from the guru of good taste! I actually ended up frogging that lovely flowery project (which came from the Japanese flower motif) and redesigned it into this...http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/infinity-blossom-cowl
      It's pretty and versatile--cowl, scarf, table runner, blanket, coverlet. It seems I am not only unfocused but indecisive! :)

      Delete
  6. Love your WIP #1. Is it your pattern - if so do you have it for sale? If not, I'd really like some info on how to get it.
    Thank you very much.
    PS Just love your quirky style of writing - it put a smile on my face and gave me a chuckle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This WIP has sat around for so long I don't even remember where I got the pattern. I honestly think it was Lucy's of Attic24 here...http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/hexagon-howto.html
      But I can't remember for certain.
      Thanks for the compliment on my writing. Quirky is a good word to describe me, in general. I "guess" I'm glad to know it comes across in my writing! :P

      Delete
  7. Thank you, Susan, for replying so promptly. You're quite right, the pattern does come from Lucy's Attic 24 blog. I guess all that I have to do is add it to my never-ending wish list of TIWMOD - things I will make one day! Keep writing and creating! 😀

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, and I read each and every comment! Take a minute to say hello! Because remember, "Sharing is nice!"

You Might Also Like::

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...