8.07.2012

::Olivia's Flower::

I recently worked up a little flower especially for my sister-in-law's little girls. I named it after one of them... 



I made this one with cotton in a couple of color schemes. It's so fun to see how the colors change up the looks of the flowers. Did you notice that they break a rule of biology? Count the petals...7. My geeky Biology brain knows that flowers are typically in multiples of 3, 4, 5 or 6--not 7. That's why I like it. A little whimsical and wonky. Just my style.


I like the layered center , and of course the buttons! I have put the pattern in my Etsy shop HERE. In worsted weight yarn it works up to the perfect size for a hair clip or brooch.



Now I am thinking about using one or two to cover the monogram on these tissue box covers. I found two mis-monogrammed Pottery Barn tissue covers at a yard sale for a quarter each. Bargain! I might try them in wool and felt them to see what they look like.


I'll post what I work up. Off to prepare for the local craft fair--so looking forward to visiting with folks, hooking a little, and being outdoors! 

Warm regards to you all! Let's keep in touch.


You can follow me around on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, and I read each and every comment! Take a minute to say hello! Because remember, "Sharing is nice!"

You Might Also Like::

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...