11.05.2008

But I don't want to . . .

I am carrying some baggage that needs to be put on the carousel and not picked up! I am doing that now. Can you see me? I am going to let some other poor sucker carry that around for the next twenty years or so, like me. How stupid! What is that baggage, you say? It is the baggage of being afraid to write anything down permanent-like. Because what could happen if I do? Someone might use it against me. They have evidence! And my words can be twisted! And I might be hurt, or even embarrassed. Did I already say, "How stupid!"?? This happened to me many years ago--someone I loved and trusted read my journal while I was gone. And I didn't hear the end of it for about 10 years. But I am here to say that I am leaving the baggage on the carousel, stepping on the tarmac, and jumping on the plane. I am going to journal. You realize this is only out of obedience to the prophet, though. I am not planning on making this a journal for the world to see. Maybe I will share my password with my husband so he can let my children read it when I am gone.

You Might Also Like::

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...