2.25.2013

::Dit Dah Blanket Crochet Pattern::


Introducing the Dit Dah Blanket! Why that name, you ask? Well, let me tell you...



See the dark lines and little colored dots? It reminds me of the Dits (dots) and Dahs (lines) of Morse code. Turns out my sweet hubby is a bit interested in such things and was actually teaching code to my boys this weekend. Yes. We are a tad nerdy around here. When I looked at the blanket, that's what I saw, dots and lines. So, as Mr. Gus Portokalos would say, "And there you go."



(Boasting Parent Side Note: My 13 year old son moved on from the District to the State Science Fair! He placed third overall. I told you we were a bit nerdy!)


It's written as baby blanket size, but I have provided simple instructions for adjusting that. It would make an awesome gift for a little one or afghan for yourself and works up very quickly!



Cool border, huh? I really like the way it turned out.





It has wonderful drape and I can imagine it worked in lots of different color schemes. In fact, I have one on the hook right now in fern green, pink, coral and yellow dots with white lines. I'll post photos on my Facebook page here when it is finished. 

You can find the Dit Dah pattern on Etsy and LoveCrafts as PDFs...

...Etsy.
...LoveCrafts.

Be well, All!! I hope your week is joyful!

{On the Board} -- I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and
 saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy. 

                                              --Rabindranath Tagore




Linking up with Hookin on Hump Day.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/25/2013

    Such a cute pattern! Very clever. I can see this becoming something awesome :)
    xo,
    wink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I thought that's what you meant by dit dah; we're nerdy in my house, too :-) I've added your pattern to my Want to Buy list and will let you know when I attempt it.
    Thanks for sharing :-)
    Congratulations to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the texture!!!
    xxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2/28/2013

    Really nice... I will try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty Pattern! Love the colors you used as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is well known around here that I love designing with color!!

      Delete
  6. I am in love with this pattern and those colors! I love your blog and all of you wonderful blankets! I think I may need to get this pattern and give it a try. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kate! I'm so happy you found me! I love the versatility of this one. It's got a good rhythm to work on, too.

      Delete

I love to hear your thoughts, and I read each and every comment! Take a minute to say hello! Because remember, "Sharing is nice!"

You Might Also Like::

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...