6.16.2012

::Busy, Busy, Busy Brain::

I'm back from Hawaii!!  A truly amazing place--with lots of very warm waves, white sandy beaches, lush plant-life that I don't get the chance to see in Utah, abundant time with my sweet husband and family, and the world's largest hedge maze.  

Holy Hannah!  The maze at the Dole Plantation was an adventure!  As our family began searching for the eight stations found scattered throughout the maze, it began to trickle rain. Actually, more like mist.  And then it began . . . the torrential downpour.  Very much like taking a shower fully dressed.  The catch was we couldn't get out of the shower.  Lost.  Very lost.  In the world's largest maze.  I started laughing so hard as the rain began to puddle ankle deep and we were going in seemingly perpetual circles.  I couldn't help but sing the Phineas and Ferb song that goes, "It's so much fun not knowing where you're going!"

The other wonderful thing about the trip, was the long plane flight.  Yes.  I actually loved it.  I rarely get thirty minutes of undisturbed time to read, sew or even think. Especially since my brain jumps around from idea to idea and from random unrelated thought to tangential thought. Noisy, I tell ya, very noisy. 

Since my dear hubby was seated with my little ones, I crocheted like a crazy person. My brain was busy. So busy that my hands could hardly keep up. I came up with several patterns and actually wrote them down. Here is my favorite, I think. Yep. I think I might just love it.


What do you think?

Hmmmm.  And colors? Different rainbow-like colors? Or flowers of the same basic colorway in different tones? Suggestions greatly appreciated?!

I am picturing this as a warm and happy baby blanket. Cotton!  Yes. Cotton Oh, now I need more yarn! 

Look for a sneak peek of my monster "Posie" project next post.

3 comments:

  1. How can I get this pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is called Waikiki Wildflower and can be found in my Ravelry shop here:http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/waikiki-wildflower-blanket

      Delete

I love to hear your thoughts, and I read each and every comment! Take a minute to say hello! Because remember, "Sharing is nice!"

You Might Also Like::

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...