7.08.2013

::Crazy-Good::

What a terrifically crazy, but very good past week! I hope you are doing well, even if your life is crazy-good like mine.

Amidst the crazy-good I did manage to work on a new little design. I've worked it, and re-worked it-- frogging it dozens of times, sketching it out on graph paper, playing, experimenting, and literally cutting out sections of yarn.

Here was what I came up with well into the design process, but
a long way from finished.



It's squishy and fairly rigid--makes a fabulous rug, pillow cover or play mat. And after struggling with colors, I did what I typically do, I went to my little bits...





...and started fishing for colors which I slip stitched to the center of the wiggly flowers. But they were not quite right. It wasn't the color that was wrong. The centers were too flush--too small--not enough "poof" and substance to them. Cut, rip, try again, rip,try again, rip, ugh. Set it down and walk away for a time to let my brain ruminate while I do other things. Pick it up. Try again. Ah-hah!! I've got an idea...


Perfect. Enough size and "poof", simple to execute, easier to weave in those ends, and a really nifty back design--which I forgot to photograph, sorry--but believe me, it looks really cool!! I'm seriously VERY thrilled!! (I feel a Junie B. Jones moment coming on.)


So that's what has been churning on my hook and in my head as of late. I'm pretty excited to see what happens as this progresses. And just wait for the border! Oh,snap! I HAVEN'T WRITTEN DOWN A SINGLE STEP OF THE PATTERN YET!!!! Double snap!! Why do I do that? Anyone else have the same problem? You get going with such enthusiasm that you lose yourself in the process?

By the way, I'm thinking about the name Crazy-Good for this design. Fitting, huh?

If you missed my guest post on CrochetHappy.com about how I select colors for crochet, head over and take a gander here

By the way, I had another Junie B. Jones moment in which I runned and runned around the room like a speedy rocket and hooted and hollered. Well, not really, but I wanted to really badly.



Here's why. This picture of mine was recently published in a surface crochet feature in Simply Crochet magazine right alongside several other talented crochet designers. 



See what I mean about crazy-good?!! VERY crazy-good!

Be grateful for the crazy good in your life. I'll stop in later this week.

{On the Board} -- Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Design is knowing which ones to keep.           --Scott Adams



18 comments:

  1. I liked your crazy good design !! Very creative and beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, all of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cazzy! Glad you stopped by.

      Delete
  3. looking forward to the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yes, Janet, me too! It may take me a while since I haven't even STARTED writing it down yet. Yikes!

      Delete
  4. Wow--congrats on the inclusion in the magazine!! It appears from the pic that it's a British publication--which means a trip to the bookstore for me! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lori! Simply Crochet is a British publication--which means the current issue is not here locally yet! I don't even own my copy! But I love this magazine--great color that suits my style! And they often include lots of fun patterns and little supplies. I think this edition might even include a hook! I'm going to subscribe online today!

      Delete
  5. Very inspiring - I bought some squared paper last week to try and get some of my ideas out and it was just after I had spent ages looking at your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't inspiration awesome! Glad I could help get your juices flowing!

      Delete
  6. Anonymous7/10/2013

    lovely! just found your blog and I can't wait to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to have you here! Hope some if it inspires and makes you smile :-)

      Delete
  7. Anonymous7/10/2013

    I love, love, love the design and congrats on the magazine. You deserve crazy good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are Crazy Good =D I have been crocheting all my life(59) and I have never been able to do much more than follow a pattern. The name is so appropriate. Can't wait to try it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Crazy, maybe! But thanks for the sweet compliment!

      Delete
  9. Hallo,

    I've got somehting for you on my blog.

    http://my-world-of-colours.blogspot.de/

    Hugs
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Djeez, no clue as to how you did that, but it looks GREAT!!
    would love to see the pattern, but it seems quite daunting, maybe tooo daunting as a project for me ... but I do LOVE the design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carmen, it's really not so tricky! And I put lots of pictures and diagrams in the pattern to help. If you are ambitious, you should give it a try! It's a fun technique with just regular stitches! Thanks for the kind words.

      Delete

I love to hear your thoughts, and I read each and every comment! Take a minute to say hello! Because remember, "Sharing is nice!"

You Might Also Like::

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...