4.10.2013

::Flying Colors Blanket Crochet Pattern Ta-Dah::

The pattern for the Flying Colors Blanket is here!! I'm pretty pleased with how it all turned out! 



I love the little squares. I love the simple join-as-you-go. And I really love the
C  O  L  O  R  ! ! !


Remember the inspiration for this design? 



This is such a beautiful photo. You can read more about the photographer and picture here. (Thanks, Peregrine!) The instant I saw the leaves on the ground like a carpet, I saw this blanket in my mind.

Maybe try looking at it this way...



Can you see it? If not, the colors are pretty terrific, anyway.



Really nifty, easy peasy join-as-you-go method used. Don't ya think the shape and texture of the squares is a bit like colorful petals or leaves? Plus, the blanket is a good size--perfect for snuggling under.



Don't think these colors are for you? No worries. Change the colors to whatever you choose that fits "you" and matches your style. Do you like soft pastels? Or neutrals? All you need is two main colors with three shades of each--six colors in all. 

So, pick your two favorites--say, turquoise and gray. You could find three varying shades like gray, heather gray, and white. Then you could choose three green-blue shades like teal, turquoise and soft aqua. Get it? I included a blank color grid  in the pattern with specifics about where to place each shade so you can actually print it out and color it--having a little color-play time! Besides, if you are like me, coloring is very cathartic.

You can find the pattern on Etsy here or LoveCrafts here.


{On the Board} -- Be nice to yourself. It's hard to be happy when someone is mean to you all the time.               --Christine Arylo


Stop by and say hello on Facebook and Pinterest

21 comments:

  1. That is such an amazing blaket. Very unique and modern! Love it ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its such a color riot in this blanket. I love the way it looks like flowers scattered in a garden! Amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is gorgeous! Beautiful!
    Angie
    www.lemondedesucrette.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a very lovely colourful spread and justifies creatively with the inspirational image:) great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! With a few color adjustments this will be a perfect addition to the camper this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous thanksfor the amazing inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely awesome! A beautiful interpretation of a beautiful photo. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this the other day floating around on facebook. Beautiful. Thank you for joining in my Fiber Art Friday Link party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4/13/2013

    very pretty! inspirational! visiting from hookin on hump day party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, All, for the sweet comments!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous4/14/2013

    Wow, this is really bright and colorful. I'm thinking of using different colors for my grandson due in July - blues, browns and greens.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow oh wow!!! Susan, you've done it again. This is simply stunning. It's a work of art! I love it. Thanks for sharing at Hookin On Hump Day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I. LOVE. IT. You do such awesome work!!!
    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous4/17/2013

    I love the colors and the blanket! Thank you for sharing- just lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The picture is Autumn Maple by Rob Travis: I found it here - http://www.ourstate.com/2010-fall-winners/

    and here - http://robtravis.com/blog/page/2

    ReplyDelete
  16. Olá!
    Ficou muito bonito seu cobertor,
    a inspiração também é um espetáculo.
    Parabéns!
    Bjkas

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for including a link to my website to share my photography. You nailed the colors, quite a beautiful work of art. Rob Travis, the photographer...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Is it okay to sell finished products from this pattern? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, Rachelle! I always appreciate a shout out, but that's not necessary. I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete

I love to hear your thoughts, and I read each and every comment! Take a minute to say hello! Because remember, "Sharing is nice!"

You Might Also Like::

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...