6.23.2014

Want Some Rainbow Sprinkles?

If you have been following Felted Button around for a while now, you might know these things about my designs already:

I LOVE COLOR!
I LOVE JOIN-AS-YOU-GO MOTIFS!
I LOVE PROVIDING OPTIONS IN MY CROCHET PATTERNS!

This RAINBOW SPRINKLES BLANKET has them all!!

Rainbow Sprinkles Blanket--crochet pattern by Felted Button (Susan Carlson)
This one is simply so much fun! The little spots of color falling through a field of white, growing larger as they fall into the colorful pile!!


Rainbow Sprinkles Blanket Crochet Pattern by Susan Carlson of Felted Button

Rainbow Sprinkles Blanket Crochet Pattern by Susan Carlson of Felted Button

And the motifs are really simple to join-as-you-go--particularly because I provide a complete photo-tutorial of the joining process. Remember though, there is no need to print the picture section or use it at all if you are familiar with the whole JAYGO thing as written instructions are included in the pattern section.


Rainbow Sprinkles Blanket--crochet pattern by Felted Button (Susan Carlson)


As always, I have had my pattern thoroughly tested. Here is what one tester had to say about it:


I think you did an excellent job in creating two placement diagrams, most patterns would only include ONE. This gives a person the option to pull out markers on the "blank" if they want to play with color before spending time on the actual blanket! EXCELLENT in my opinion.

I really enjoyed this pattern, Susan. Not only easy to remember, but has a wonderful texture and fun stitching so that it doesn't get boring.

And this is her lovely test sample:

Rainbow Sprinkles Blanket--Test Sample by Cass Dodge, Designed by Susan Carlson of Felted Button
Photo used with permission courtesy of Cass Dodge, 2014.

Here's what another tester, Sandra of Beautiful Boardwalk worked up with her sample--

Rainbow Sprinkles Blanket--worked by Sandra Veneman of Beautiful Boardwalk (pattern by Susan Carlson of Felted Button)

Isn't the tan background just totally cool! See, I told you this one had color options!

The pattern calls for portions of 10 different colors of worsted weight yarn in addition to the main color. If you want to use a lighter weight yarn you will get a bit smaller blanket, but since this one measures a whopping 54 inches (137cm) X 57 inches (145cm) that shouldn't be too "big" of a deal.

Bust your stash, use colors that suit your style, and have a blast with this colorful sprinkle of color!

You can find the pattern in my shops--


Want to stay in the "Button" loop for testing calls, new patterns, free crochet patterns and fun, colorful talk about yarny goodness, follow me around on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram (FeltedButton)!

| On the Board | -- Life is NOT a snapshot.

Susan Carlson of Felted Button--Colorful Crochet Patterns



28 comments:

  1. kinda like tetris ...... lovin' it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the mixture of designs and techniques here. Sprinkles is right - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've loved all the pictures you've posted of this! I'm so excited to make it myself. I think I always have a pattern of yours on one of my hooks. Thanks for all the wonderful projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shauna! I would love to see your progress on this one!

      Delete
    2. It might be a little while before I can get to it, but I'll be sure to shared some pictures with you!

      Delete
  4. Anonymous6/24/2014

    I don´t think I´ve seen anything this charming for at least a year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I simply cannot believe your talent and the speed with which you keep up coming with the most gorgeous designs - one after another! And I love them all!! Marianne, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very sweet, Marianne! I could say the same about you! You do such lovely work!

      Delete
  6. me ha gustado mucho se sale de lo clasico mezclando blanco con color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laura! I love color and with a backdrop of white it really pops!

      Delete
  7. I just purchased your pattern and I have a question. How do you create the "magic ring"? There is an alternative listed in the substitute stitches, but I didn't see the instructions for making the magic ring. Did I just miss something? Could you provide those instructions? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want to try the magic ring, here is a link...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLUaywX0-WE. If you need further help, please message me through FB at Felted Button. Have fun!

      Delete
  8. I love love love this blanket and can't wait to make it. the colors are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the colors, too. Well, truthfully, I just love color! And lots of it!

      Delete
  9. This is gorgeous, like all your patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is lovely! I love the color selection too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Addie! I loooove playing with color!

      Delete
  11. Anonymous8/24/2014

    I really love this design. very different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Pretty cool how things come out of a brain, huh?

      Delete
  12. I love this blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi I love this blanket but am having a little trouble joining at the corners. When I reach a corner should I be slip stitching to two picots rather than one? Everyone else's seem to join at all four picots in the corner but mine doesn't! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily, I'm more than happy to help answer your question. Feel free to PM me about pattern questions on Facebook (facebook.com/FeltedButton) or Ravelry (Felted Button).

      Delete
    2. Sorry have only just seen your reply! I figured it out and it's coming along nicely now :) am really enjoying it, such a beautiful blanket

      Delete

I love to hear your thoughts, and I read each and every comment! Take a minute to say hello! Because remember, "Sharing is nice!"

You Might Also Like::

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...